The Career Center is my new best friend Posted on September 28th, 2006 by

Just a quick little post because frankly that is all I have time for this week. I just got back from the Employee Information Day sponsored by the Career Center, and it was a very surreal experience. Mainly the words “graduation,” “career” and “future” being used repeatedly makes me a bit nervous. I’m not positive that I want to start working right after graduation, rather than do graduate school full time or possibly spend a year with AmeriCorps, but I went to the Information Day for two reasons. One being that I want to keep all of my options open, and the other that it made me feel somewhat proactive and a little less neurotic about my future. I got some good information from several companies and, better yet, heard oodles of praise about Gustie grads being great employees.

Somehow homework seems a little trivial when you’re trying to plan your future, but that doesn’t mean I don’t have insane amounts of it! Papers, tests, presentations — I think professors crammed them all in this week in preparation for the Nobel Conference next week (speaking of which, is it really Nobel already?).  Somehow I will survive, but only because tomorrow is Friday!