Holiday season Posted on December 22nd, 2005 by

As I prepare for the joyful days ahead with Christmas and wonderful time with my family, I can’t help but think back to the year that has passed. Wow how time has flown. Once you are on your own, living in a house, paying your own bills, time really catches up to you.
What a year it has been for me. A whirlwind of activity in regards to my football career. Frustration is a part of adulthood and it is something I have learned to accept being in the profession I am in. Unlike college however, this is a little more permanent. When you don’t succeed the stakes are a little higher and more severe. The key I have found is to always have a few back up plans, while staying one step ahead. This is how I have come to be cut five times now in the NFL, yet still have ‘life’. I have decided to go to NFL Europe in a few months to try my hat at the so called minor league system of the NFL. My goal is to return to the NFL and playing in Europe is sure to make me more competent and gifted as a receiver. I welcome the challenge it presents and look forward to seeing where I can take this football career. Always remembering of course, that I have another passion in mind if this is to fail: teaching.
Happy holidays to all:]
Ryan