gac weekend Posted on November 14th, 2005 by

Its weekends like this past one that make a person really miss their days at Gustavus. I have been helping with the Gustavus football team this year and needless to say, it has been an arduous journey. Not being able to be out there and help the team that has struggled mightily is frustrating. Coming back each week remembering my football ‘glory’ days are always fun, but seeing the team struggle now for three consecutive years is trying. This weekend was different though. We finally pulled it together and somehow someway found a way to win….and against Bethel of all teams! Being at Gustavus, around the students, makes me appreciate every memory over again. The spirited staff, the wonderful coaches, the personality-filled students all make going back more enjoyable every time. To be a part of a community where you are recognized as a freshman, by name, from upperclassmen; as an upperclassman, by name, from the staff; and as a graduate, by name, from the office of the president can only make a person smile. Thank you Gustavus for providing me a safe, warm, and friendly atmosphere that makes me remember my times each time I go back.
Ryan Hoag