Final week Posted on December 1st, 2004 by

My final full week in London is approaching quickly, and I’m doing the cliche thing and reflecting on everything that has happened over the last fourteen weeks. Sometimes I just double take on myself and think, “Wow . . . did I really live all that?” I’m ready to come home, but at the same time I can’t imagine my life not here — riding the tube every morning to class, spending eight hours a day in a theatre mindset, going to a show at least once a week, hanging out in my flat with all my friends . . . okay, so before I become weepy, I’m going to stop.

My parents, brother, and grandpa arrived last Wednesday, and I have had such a great time showing them around. They leave tomorrow, but in their short time here I’ve made them see a castle, have tea in Harrods, set my brother up on a date with our resident director and therefore fufilling his dream of going on a date with a British girl, get taunted by a Beefeater, walked along the Thames at night, and spend way too much money on stuff for me (hehehe). It has been fun. Unfortunately, I haven’t really done any work so I have to write two papers in the next three days. Oops! Kirsten and I leave on December 14, and after a short stop in Amsterdam with our friend Autumn, we’ll be on our way back to the States. It’s all going by too fast!