Final break Posted on November 23rd, 2004 by

It’s hard to think that I have less than a month left in London, but everything is beginning to see an end. Last weekend was our final break — we had four days off from LDA. Kirsten and I were originally planning a trip to Prague, but finances said otherwise, and we ended up sticking around London. That wasn’t a bad decision at all though — the majority of our friends were hanging around too, so we kept busy. On Thursday we (Kirsten, Sheri, Andrea, and I) visited leeds castle in Kent — yes, a REAL castle, owned by Henry VIII and a variety of other well-known historical figures — and wandered the grounds pretending to be ladies with big dresses riding horses and whatnot.

Some highlights: getting lost in the hedge maze, an underground grotto with bone art, getting stalked by some creepy tourist guys who took a picture of us with their cell phone, and high tea with THE BEST pastries and clotted cream (which Andrea has apparently been calling coddled cream for some time now). Friday we went shopping (when you are in the best fashion city in the world, you can’t help it) at outdoor markets, and then I met up with friends from home. Saturday we visited Buckingham Palace — we figured it was something we should do before we leave — which is actually not all that impressive, and you really can’t see the changing of the guard because there are about 30,000 other tourists also trying to see through the massive gates. Then we went grocery shopping. Now it’s back to school — I’m sore because in the last two days my movement and acrobatics instructors have been really cracking down on us physically. We’re performing our Shakespeare scenes on Friday, in which I’m Ariel in “the tempest”, so there are a bit of nerves in the air. Wish us luck!

Love, Sarahkathryn