Midterms and more Posted on October 27th, 2004 by

I’m thinking my plans for going to Prague are falling through, but the good news is that I just bought a ticket for Paris! Madame Gronhovd will be proud of me, I’m going to attempt to use my two semesters of French to make my way around the city for three days. Andrea and Sheri, my flatmates, are also going with me, so that should be fun. They are so much fun — they go to UC Irvine and are very much California girls. They’re renting a room and a bed and breakfast in Switzerland for the second break, so instead of Prague I might head to the Alps. I don’t think I can lose either way!

Classes have been intense lately — we just had our mid-term evaluations, where all the teachers sit around and talk about us and our progress, and then Richard Digby Day (the very British, very pompous theatre director who looks like a squirrel but is terribly cute) reports back to us. My review was favorable, with some constructive criticism thrown in (which you always run into in this business), but overall I think I’m on the right track. We had a master class with Henry Goodman yesterday, who is this amazing actor who is actually quite famous over here. He brought out some good stuff in me.

London is well — the weather has actually been nice here, different from the cold and rainy it was all last week. I have nothing more to say, so cheers!

Love, SarahKathryn